SUBSCRIBE TO MySARAWAKTELEGRAM TO GET NEWS & UPDATES ON SARAWAK.
Changes in the Sarawak entry requirements had been made today.
The Sarawak Disaster Management Comitee (SDMC) updated the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) specifically for those returning from Sabah and Labuan.
This new SOPs are to curb the spread of Covid-19 which is rampant in Sabah at the moment.
The update is as follows:
A. THOSE MOVING THROUGH (TRANSIT) SABAH/LABUAN TO SARAWAK
- Sarawakians, Sarawak PR holders / Sarawak Visa Pass holders
- required to fill in EnterSarawak (online)
- 14 days quarantine with Home Surveillance Order (HSO) and a wristband will be attached
- Swab rT-PCR test on second day 10th day of arrival. Paid by Sarawak government.
- Only 10th day rt-PCR test for those who have tested negative and had already taken the test three days prior to coming to Sarawak.
- Those with destinations not in arrival airport will not be allowed out of the arrival hall and will quarantined in hotels or selected quarantine centres.
- For non – Sarawakians
- required to fill in EnterSarawak (online) and include their COVID-19 (rT-PCR) test results which was taken and approved 3 days prior to arrival in Sarawak. No entry without test results.
- Allowed 5 days to enter Sarawak and must include flight ticket of leaving Sarawak
- Essential services workers on official duty will need to ask permission from SDMC.
B. FREQUENT TRAVELERS BETWEEN SABAH/LABUAN TO SARAWAK
- Required to obtain special pass from SDMC in Limbang or Miri Resident Office
- Needs to take COVID-19 sample every 14 days.
C. SARAWAKIANS AND TRAVELERS FROM SABAH IN THE LAST 14 DAYS
- All non – Sarawakians and foreigners entering Sarawak will be quarantined in a hotel for 14 days with COVID-19 testing done on the second and 10th day. The cost will be born by the traveller.
- Sarawakians will be quarantined at home (HSO) for 14 days with COVID-19 testing done on the second and 10th day. The cost will be born by the Sarawak government.
If you are not from Sabah/Labuan, entry requirements remains as seen here.
For the latest updates, visit SDMC’s Facebook page.