Staying at hotels near Sarawak Cultural Village (SCV) will help you easily access the Sarawak Cultural Village, which is an important attraction in Kuching.
The award wining attraction is a live museum with plenty to see and do once you get inside. Aside from learning and seeing Sarawak’s ingenious people showcase their tradition, there’s also a mini concert/performances held daily.
The Sarawak Cultural Village is home to the award winning Rainforest World Music Festival and Sarawak Harvest and Folklore Festival hence making hotels within the cultural village usually fully booked from May to July.
Halal food is easy to find here, and there’s only a couple, hotel owned bars available. Aside from the Cultural Village, the beach, sea, golf course and the rainforest maintained by Permai Resort is the main attraction here.
Hotels and accommodations below are within a walking distance from the cultural village, but do note that each hotel is listed with the furthest being the last.
- BB Bunkers Read my experience
- Damai Beach Resort
- Damai Puri Resort & Spa
- Permai Rainforest Resort – Only hotel to have tree top rooms/houses
- One Century Hotel Santubong
- Nanga Damai Homestay
- The Culvert Read article on The Culvert
- Fatimah Homestay @ Santubong – Transportation required to go to SCV
- The Village House– Transportation required to go to SCV
- Cove 55 – Transportation required to go to SCV
Please note that there are no ATMs near the Sarawak Cultural Village. That said, it is highly advised to prepare enough cash, particularly in small denominations before you make a trip here.