SUBSCRIBE TO KUCHINGBORNEO.INFOTELEGRAM TO GET NEWS & UPDATES ON KUCHING.
The Sarawak International Festival Music and Arts or SIFMA 2022, will be held this coming December, 3rd and 4th.
Last year, the event was successfully organized via live virtual as Sarawak was still under the Movement Control Order (MCO).
The event this year will be organized at the State Legislative Assembly (DUN) building in Kuching, Sarawak with focus on illuminating the dynamic field of music and arts on the world stage.
SIFMA 2022 performers
For this 2022 event, performers will come from different corners of the globe, hence increasing elevating the growing reputation of this annual event.
This years’ event will see Award-winning pianist, Dr. Gilbert De Greeve from Belgium perform at the festival.
According to a press release by the organizers, SIFMA 2022 will showcase the following performers;
- Sarawak Chinese Ensemble which is led by Kenwy Ho Khong Wee, director of Kenwy Music and Arts Academy,
- La Danse Studio,
- Sarawak State Symphony Orchestra (SONS),
- Sarawak Cultural Village,
- IMH Ethnica Orchestra,
- Dr. Gilbert De Greeve,
- The Halili Cruz School of Ballet from the Philippines,
- Malaysia classical pianist Esme Wong,
- India Fire Dance Group,
- The Victoria Chorale conducted by Nelson Kwei,
- Shilp Maitri Studios, and
- UiTM Chamber Choir conducted by Prof Madya Dr. Masashi Kishimoto.
Let’s Talk segment
In addition to the two day performances, SIFMA 2022 will also feature a ‘Let’s Talk’ segment which is expected to give audiences a chance to hear inspirational stories and sound advice from members of the music and art community.
This segment will also be joined by professionals and enthusiast in the industry.
Tickets for the festival are charged as below.
- Premium Seats – RM100 per person *front section towards the stage
- Standard Seats – RM60 per person *middle to back section
More details on SIFMA 2022
If you need more details and information related about SIFMA, you can check out the links below.