The Sarawak government has decided to tighten entry into its borders with quarantine made mandatory for all arrivals.
Sarawak Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) in a statement announced the following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all arrivals into Sarawak’s soil.
FOR THOSE COMING IN FROM SABAH/LABUAN
- No entry to all from 4 – 18 October 2020.
- Sarawakians will only be allowed once they fill in the ENTERSARAWAK App and fill in the e-Health Declaration form. They will be subject to 14 days mandatory quarantine and will be swabbed twice on the 2nd and 10th day of quarantine. The Sarawak government will bear the cost of quarantine.
- Oil and gas workers will follow previous SOPs.
- Essential service workers using land will require a permit to travel from SDMC’s office in Limbang/Lawas. They must also get tested for Covid-19 every 14 days, and observe latest law of Brunei shall they pass through the country.
FOR THOSE FROM WEST MALAYSIA (MALAYA)
- All Malaysians and foreigners must fill in the e-Health declaration form and apply to enter using the ENTERSARAWAK app. They will be also subject to 14 days mandatory quarantine at their own expense. Covid-19 swab test will be taken on the 2nd and 10th day.
- Workers of essential services on official duty must take a Covid-19 test 3 days prior to their arrival in Sarawak. They must fill in the e-Health declaration form and apply to enter using the ENTERSARAWAK app.
- Sarawakians wanting to come back must fill in the e-Health declaration form and apply to enter using the ENTERSARAWAK app. They will be subject to a mandatory 14 day quarantine and a Covid-19 swab test will be taken on the 2nd day. If the results are negative, the Sarawakian will be given a House Surveillance Order (HSO) and asked to continue their remaining quarantine days at home. They are also required to perform the second swab test on the 10th day of the quarantine at a nearby government medical facility. All cost of the test and quarantine will be borne by the Sarawak government.
FOR THOSE HEADING OUT OF SARAWAK
- Sarawakians in essential services that need to go out of Sarawak must obtain a letter from their head of department in regards to their instruction to work outside of Sarawak in order for them to be exempted from the compulsory quarantine upon returning.
- To re-enter Sarawak, they must fill in the e-Health declaration form and apply to enter Sarawak using the ENTERSARAWAK app.
- They will be swabbed upon arrival in Sarawak, and will be asked to undergo quarantine HSO until the results of the swab are negative.
- If they have been swabbed (and is negative for Covid-19) within the past 14 days, they need to upload a copy of the swab results when applying to return to Sarawak to avoid compulsory quarantine at dedicated quarantine centers.
The strict entry rulings above is to curb the increase of Covid-19 infections recently, and it will be implemented from 4 October 2020.