Description & History
Sekolah Menengah Sains (SMS) Kuching Utara, better known as SAKURA is a design-and-build secondary school located in the housing estate of Matang Jaya, about 10 minutes from Kuching. The school was built in May 2011 and was completed fully in 2012. In 2013, the school received it’s first batch of students with Puan Hjh Norisah being its first principal.
How to apply into SMK Matang Jaya
- Lower Secondary (Form 1 to Form 3) – Students need to apply through the Ministry of Education to enroll in this school. The ministry will select students eligible to enroll in this school.
- Upper Secondary (Form 4 to Form 5) – Students need to apply through the Ministry of Education to enroll in this school. The ministry will select students eligible to enroll in this school.
- Lower & Upper form – Excellent results in entry level exams (UPSR for Form one, and PMR for form 3) with at least 5 credits in Bahasa Malaysia, Mathematics and 3 other stipulated subjects. Applicants must have at least a pass in English.
- Lower form classes: English, Bahasa Melayu, Mathematics, Pendidikan Moral, Geografi, History,Moral Education, Islamic Education
- Upper form classes: English, Bahasa Melayu, History, Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Additional Maths, Biology, Islamic Education, Moral Education, Civics
Facilities (Only main facilities listed)
Library, basic sporting facilities for football, athletics, covered walkways to hostels, separate male and female dormitories, dining hall, adequate parking spaces, mosque, resource centre, science labs, Detached house for principal, Semi-D house for school assistants, terrace housing for staff,
Lorong 10, Taman Matang Jaya, Jalan Matang, Kuching, Sarawak
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/smskutara